Here we are again 
Yet another twist in this strangest of cruises, As I recorded in my last blog was that we had arrived in Burscough, it is a great place to meet up with other boaters that haven't seen for some time I have no idea why it just appears to be that way. We only intended to be in Burscough 2 nights and had to stay 4 nights
to get to Scarisbrick there are two swing bridges and yes you guessed it the day we were to leave a vehicle struck the Balestrade of the bridge and crippled the bridge it was either a large HGV or a Tractor either one it makes no difference as there are weight limit signs which should deter large vehicles going over the very rickety bridge but they all know that the police will not take action and neither will CRT . though this time the repair crew has opened the bridge for water traffic and closed it for everything else, I believe they are in no rush to fix it. This means that road traffic will not be able to use the road as a shortcut to the industrial estate and the Burscough rat run can not be done. I just hope Burscough's businesses and residents will insist that action is taken against the offenders. 
This is not an isolated incident as the bridge is hit on a regular basis the last time it was out for six weeks  but that time is the boaters who suffered and we know that we don't count  
Last night at 22.00 they managed to move the bridge to start letting traffic though BUT why I will not know all I do know is a wide beam came past me at 23,00 so fast he pulled my mooring pins and left me adrift with another boat coming on so 23.00 I had to dive out of bed fire up the engine get out of the way of two oncoming boats because one complete idiot could not wait for the sunrise. thats what I mean about boaters and Floaters No genuine boater would travel at night at that speed I know 100 years ago the fly boats ran 24/7 but they knew what they were doing and would slow down when passing moored boats 
So who says Boating is boring those that do want to try it 
We are now safely moored up in Scarisbrick. we are expecting to leave here on Monday Morning heading for Liverpool. we will be there for a week and then return to Fettlers and rest????

God Bless Stay Safe 
Buggerlugs 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey