Buggerlugs is now HMS BUGGERLUGS

 We cracked it, on what was Im sure the hottest day of the year. It started out ok I suppose we had to go down the first two locks which under normal circumstances would have been a simple 10 / 15 mins But as the centre had just opened and was full of Gongooslers the lock keeper shouts "There is a boat going down the locks we will give a talk on what is happening jut follow me ) I said to this leader of men "this is Buggerlugs we dont do everything  the proper way we are a bit unconventional, But he just smiled and asked me politely not to ram the gates or sink the boat   as there are children watching. everything was going well Noreen was doing her bit getting the kids to work the gates until the last lock I was given the all clear to leave the lock I tried twice but she wouldnt budge I shouted but nobody was listening as the lecture was just being concluded So I sounded my Claxton, walked along my roof to the sharp end and Yelled  " will someone shift that Bloody tree trunk out of my way" this caught everyone attention and after 4/5 mins a plan was adopted by the now very attentive crowd ( They could smell excitement, blood the possibility of a boat sinking the plan was for one to stand on my bow on my bloody highly polished bow in BOOTS! using MY Barge pole ??after a short interlude were I told him how it WAS going to work, He would use my pole from within the cratch his two co-workers would manoeuvre the tree trunk from canal side AND I would direct operations from my captains position within mins, much to the disappointment of the now quite large crowd buggerlugs had extradited herself from the lock. I love a bit of fun !!!!!and I don't mind taking command after all its my boat.

OK once that was over we had 45 mins to wait for the swing bridge to be opened the last lock to be worked then it was off we go. However before you are allowed on the MSC (Manchester Ship Canal) you have to report in to Port control who control all shipping on the MSC.. Now when I spoke to them yesterday he was very happy to let us go as there was nothing in his diary ) arrrr yes buggerlugs I forgot about you hang on 10 mins I have two ships  coming past you when the last one passes you get behind her not to close but dont worry they are docking in another mile. So off we go once the two had dock I could see the waterway in front was blocked" by another large vessel and two more tugs just then my phone rings as you are in constant communication with port control I was told to hang off ?? as the two tugs were turning the ship round from where I was it looked like the big ship was eating the two little tugs anyway after 35 min treading water one tug shot passed me with thumbs up so I then shot through the smallest of gaps passed the other tug that was still being eaten by the big ship. OK another message from Port control they were happy for Buggerlugs to continue, Yet after another 40 min I had another phone call all port control it just said  "look to your stern" all I said was "oh SHIT " I had a rather large boat wanting to overtake. i asked where the f--- did they come from ? port control replied quickly find a safe Anchorage to let him pass.  I did just that I pulled to the side, but staying in enough water and pointed my bow into the on coming wake otherwise flat bottomed narrow boats could capsize. when we had recovered from that ordeal I was contacted again from port Control saying I had one ship 1.5 miles to my stern and one ship just ahead of me leaving its birth in Runcorn so he requested I give buggerlugs everything she has as my turn off was not that away so for the next 30 mins with Buggerlugs running her little heart out and keeping a close eye out for bandits ahead and to the rear "WE RAN FOR HOME " Im very glad I had done a aerial survey of the Marsh lock and made my own map. for I now knew once I pass the farm buildings and wind turbines on my starboard  I am ready to start my turn off the MSC and onto he Weaver and Marsh lock with about 10 mis to spare before the two ships passed I informed Port control that I was now off the main shipping lane. Im not sure who was more relieved me or them they did say it was unusual to have that much traffic on late booking but hey we are all here to tell the tale and what a tale 


Just got off the water before this one passed
I thought if I dressed like this I could get passed the immigration at Runcorn 
they are use to seeing people like this  I might even get a house 


The first sight of Marsh lock 

the Tugs have just pushed this accross they have left me a small 
gap so I had to go for it.

Being overtaken by this bugger was FUN

GOD BLESS EVERYONE 




Comments

  1. Any feed back is better than non even if if more pics and less chat you know you cant offend me God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very exciting journey Al it a wonder you didn't get Arested dress like a Afghanistan terrist how many did have on board

      Delete
  2. Beast of a blog this Al, might try and go on the Manchester ship canal next year, having said that now the missus has read this I'll never get her on it hahaha
    stay safe m8
    TBD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey