Take a chance DIY

 



Hi Everyone


As I said before every day is an adventure but our last adventure was a difficult one and one I was not happy with Buggerlugs had an electric problem but as most people know I am colour blind in fact I am the only colour blind Artist on the canal now thats a great accolade? So thats why I do not like Electrics. Last Sunday whilst on the Weaver I found a bad smell of burning coming from our bank of Batteries, it was easy to find the offending one as it had steam coming from it and it was red hot. Immediate action was required turn off the isolator switches disconnect the battery get the battery out before it blows, All sounds very dramatic and scary If I had known what I was doing I may have thought so!! So here we are on the weaver with one battery out of the system. Luckily I carry a spare but it is slightly bigger than the one I took out so the straps didn't quite fit however with a lot of squeezing puffing swearing I got it in and everything worked again

Now this to you who do not know boats sounds quite silly however it isnt because if you loose your Batteries you loose your Toilet Flush, water, and shower. and lighting, As the same thing happened last year whilst in Scaribrick Marina, there I had help on hand. so no panic when your on your own its totally different..Now I have 5 Batteries if one when last year one two days ago and they were all fitted at the same time I decided I was not going to wait for the next one to go. The reason for waiting so long is they cost an average £120 Anyway bite the bullet I sourced the Batteries and took on the task of fitting them this is what faces you when you look at them So big toolbox out and dive in what can go wrong ???????

After three hours of utter hell in a space smaller than the bloody washing machine. I won !!!!!!!!!!!! I crawled out of the Engine compartment, according to Noreen Grinning like a Cheshire cat DIY Boating at its best 

All fitted, everything works, even the Rev counter “long Story”

We have now settled in Anderton Marina for a few days getting ready to go to the Funeral Tomorrow.

We have decided that we are going to act like two sensible Pensioners and return home its breaking a very long tradition of “through Adversity comes Achievement. In our life we have achieved a lot so we can be excused for cutting this one short as Noreens arm and chest are still swollen from her fall.Continuing from here would be silly as  the canal becomes more difficult. And the route home is easy and more time can be taken. Sad I know but this is reality. My previous life says Live to fight another day

We are leaving Anderton on Friday morning only one lock between here and Wigan so that give us a long cruise but an easy cruise


Stay Well

Tomorrow say a prayer for my niece Michelle May God bless and keep her RIP


Stay well Say safe

Buggerlugs



This is the first one that faces you when you take the covers off there is another Five 
the white dust is from the last fire extinguisher when the Alternator decided it had had enough  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey