New Neighbours

 




Hi

Strange day today full of surprises early this morning Mr chatterbox pulled out on his way back to Scarisbrick and I thought I would turn Buggerlugs around ready for the quick get away on Sunday morning, as always it never is as it is planned as I was turning her around I saw a very unwelcome sight of another boat taking up my now vacant mooring However all was not as it seemed as the boat had two Aussie couples on board who were lost. Because they were looking for a pump out which to be fare the book did say that there was one her in the basin It took me a while to convince them that there was not as it is now only for the boats with permanent mooring status Though I did point them in the right direction to where they could get one even though it did meen that they had to go back the way they had just come which entailed a 2 hr trip that done and my now coveted mooring retrieved Noreen and I set out to get more supplies  and also to have a nostalgic look around our old Manchester we first  found "Wood street mission for children", in the 60s it had what could be called a youth club (Come on I was only just 16) and where Noreen was a volunteer with her friend Maurine. now at that time I worked in Belle Vue with Tom Lodge who happened to be Maurine's boy friend so I was dragged along, for protection ??? that would be around 1963 and as they say the rest is history , However when we go there there was a queue it looked as if the missionary work was being continued with food parcels. in respect we walked on by. we continued our nostalgic walk most of the not knowing where the hell we were knock a building down there reface one here you soon become totally disorientated but it was a nice walk through TIME 

Returning back to Buggerlugs as we approached We saw another boat coming onto our mooring and yes the Aussis were back and lost again But they had found the pump and now wanted to continue there journey on the Cheshire Ring Which entails from here going up the Rochdale 9 then the Ashton canal as far as Marple I explained that a cruise like that would take 8 hrs for inexperienced boaters and it would be better done tomorrow. As prior to getting this far they had only done one lock and that was a stop lock that only drops 6 inches, Noreen decided that she should show the two ladies how a proper locks locks work  So whilst all this going on I had there boat moored to our stern. So now we are settled for the night.

I just hope that they can cope with the noisy Geese they really are bad If they start at 02.00 tonight I will have to dispatch one ore to 

Tonight we have our first dinner guest Lal is coming over as she live here in town hoping for a very nice evening 


God Bless 

Stay Safe 

Buggerlugs 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey