Mooving On

 

                                                Buggerlugs checking into the Manchester Hilton Well we left Manchester at 08.00 this morning heading south for a much quieter location and not as many people Although I must say the People here in Castlefiefled Basin  in the heart of Manchester have been great though I believe that they are to busy with their own agenda and life to be even interested in anything else but them. Except for the old guy (67) who yesterday morning at 07.00 whilst I was doing my morning check I disturbed him as he was sleeping on a bench opposite Buggerlugs. His Story was that he had come up from Liverpool to watch is favourite 70s group play at the stadium (don't ask me who or what stadium speech was still blurred All I do know is that his wive was going to give him hell WHEN he got home apparently he had left the stadium and got lost found the bench and diced that was it, I wrote a note to his wife saying that's where I found him and he had been there all night. We gave him a good cup of tea told him where the station was and sent him home. Muttering that he is now to old for all this. I think there is a lesson for us all there.

Today has been a scorcher  6 hrs on the tiller Noreen wanted to shop so I pulled in near Stretford Arndale only to get Buggerlugs stranded on Two Supermarket trollies  the biggest problem was they were still chained together BUT I managed to get them with handles  just sticking out of the water then I had to put a £1 coin in to separate them once separated the rest was easy, It would have been easier to just leave them BUT they had my money and I wanted it BACK! When Noreen returned I was to exhausted to talk about after all I hadn't spent any money. I have since related the tale of the Shopping Trolly 

Moored up now in Lymmn I can hear the thunderstorm about 10 miles to the west I am hoping for a real good down pour so I can wash the boat its looking very grubby. Tomorrow we should be in Anderton ready to me our Aussie Buddies before they fly back to a much cooler Country? on Friday

We had two lovely visits yesterday firstly a nice young couple who were interested in buying a boat that lasted about two hours it was like a bloody interview anyway Noreen and I gave them all the technical points of buy and living on a boat Luckily I have some booklets on the subject from my RBOA job 

Then in the afternoon our Friend Jim came from church and that spent a very pleasant afternoon Jim sings in the Cathedral choir as I play for the choir we very rarely get a chance to chat. So it ended up a very pleasant day and a lazy one 


 The offending Trolies you may be able to see the other one still connected and stuck  under the boat 

WHAT FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Be Good Stay Safe 

Buggerlugs 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey