High everyone 

Well the time has come,we will be setting sail for our 2023 cruise next Thursday it's been a long time coming this year almost 2 months behind. I am now beginning to get a little concerned with this beautiful weather we are experiencing by the time we set sail we will be low on water and Canal River Trust will again as usual be sat on their backside expecting everyone to do something but them. I am not going to start complaining about CRT I do that direct to them though I do believe that my mail to them reaches the bin before anyone reads it, All I can say is I have an ongoing Campaign to rule them unfit for purpose. Last year's cruise consisted of two trips to Liverpool which is at best and taking your time only a three-day trip, all because Canal river trust know nothing about canals and definitely nothing about boats and boaters. and what they know about water conservation you could put on the back of a postage stamp. Yet this stupid government has put them in control of one of Britain's most wonderful assets that attract thousands of visitors every year. I consider that the canal system is now as bad as it was in the 1950s 

That's it Rant over.

Noreen and I have just spent the past week getting Buggerlugs ready for the off. It always reminds me of holidays as a lad the excitement was overwhelming Mam scrubbed the house from top to bottom. My brothers and I virtually lived outside we were not allowed in to this palace Mother had created I could never see the sense, but now I realise it was all part of the excitement of the "Holiday. We were allowed to help Dad with the car, every year a different one. Dad loved his cars the engine would be almost rebuilt and polished until it gleamed. I remember he spent a lot of time inspecting the suspension but with four boys, mum's cases, and the fishing gear it had to hold up. now I think back that two week holiday was really three weeks. as the week's preparation was just as exciting as the holiday. that ran through all life. I found great excitement in getting ready for a day of fishing everything would be prepared the day or night before. So no wonder it takes us a week of preparation to set sail and yes I still enjoy the excitement of "Getting Ready"  The Engine has had a good service though I am concerned about the Batteries as they are a few years old now but we should get another season out of them. cleaning the boat has been a bit of a problem as in the Marina we are not allowed to use power hoses, so Im taking mine with me and using it on route. Today is the day for packing. I hate having to buy something I know I already have.

I have not mentioned where we are off to, that's because we have no idea, we are going south down the Bridgwater canal though now you have to Book a passage down the Bridgwater  WHY I have no idea, plus you only get seven days to get from Leigh to Preston brook which is plenty of time unless like us you have people to visit and Birthday parties to  attend Then we join the Trent and Mersey to Middlewich then we will decide what we are doing.

I shall be in constant contact with CRT and the closing of canals due to water shortage, last year boaters were stuck in Wigan and other foreign parts unable to get back to their home moorings. Anyway I am sure it will all make good reading 

God Bless 

BUGGERLUGS 

OK that's your lot 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey