The things that scare me

 Hi everyone 

As I said on the last blog we were going as far as we can going west and we had got as far as Dutton lock were we moored over night very nice very quiet, from there we cruised to Sutton Swing bridge where you a short walk about a mile into Frodsham the walk in half a mile up hill then half a miles down hill and of course the same on return. However Frodsham is a very nice and interesting little town not much changed since the last time we walk here about 5 years ago. and today we made the return journey and really there is nothing exciting to say about the journey except water you would no believe the trouble we had getting it.

When cruising you have a type of a map it gives all the info you require like places to Moore, Waterpoints, Locks, and Hazards. all of which as a boater you nee to know So water on our beloved map it states yo can put on water at Sutton Bridge WELL you could if a bloody big 1000ton cruiser wasn't moored on the piggin mooring. So round two say you can get water on Dutton lock which was our next port of called and I must say it it was a very well kept water point with manicured lawn really beautiful but water flow was useless even with my knackered prostrate I could have peed faster So off we go again on our quest for water this time our trusty map says Acton bridge which we know well from past experience because the water there get channeled and can become quite fierce the water tap is about 20m from the river so you have to either tie up on the bow and let the arse end of the boat bob about in the current this I thought was again not on OK next on the trusty shitty map was Saltersford Lock..... Now we have used this before so I know I had to turn the boat and reverse it I also knew that there was a boat moored very close to the water point But what I did not realise that there was now two boats on the water point. The filling his boat was taking an awful long time filling time for a narrow boat is about 20 min after 30 I just took a stroll up to see what was happening as I arrived his wife popped her head up and said "ITS VERY SLOW DEAR. I noticed that the hose was quite solid under pressure I took another look and said " Pardon me for interfering you run your boat as you see fit But I believe the water would run better if you removed you size ten foot off the hose ??????????????

So that was yesterday instead of writing a blow by blow account I will tell you in pictures 

Done nothing today except went shopping in Northwich, we went by bus ( lord save us ) the bus driving going was a gentleman really nice guy The driver on the way back must have just missed his anger management class the route from Anderton to Northwich takes you through a housing estate at Barton nice places but typical 1960 estate he took that bus though there at 50mph kids, dogs, prams cars all cowered away as he approached sharp turns nobody was a bus stop waiting for the 14.10 to hell,they all knew better. Arriving back at the boat it was Gin times and again and Again, what is it with Arriva drivers do they wait around corners for me stepping on their bus??????

God Bless Stay safe look after you and yours 


The river at stages cuts through quite dense old English woods 

Devils Garden e found it but didnt stay there had been a large heard of cows 
by the looks and smell for a few weeks ?

My Mate the Henry follows me like a lap Dog 

Always on the alert you never know what to expect around the next corner

another very nice foot bridge in the distance are the railway arches 

Buggerlugs takes it all in her stride 

Such a gentle quiet river through the gentle rolling woods and pastures of Cheshire 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ferry across Merssey

crossing Barton Bridge