Sunday 11 july


Today being Sunday is our day of rest though why is it the less you do the more tired you feel ??

We have now traveled as far as a place called Waverton passing through one of my Dads favourite fishing spots Bunbury When dad was the secretary of the Marsland Angling Club we would have two matches a years on there we have some wonderful memories of those trips. Unfortunately there was no moorings thats one problem with lumbering around  in a boat this size you cant just stop anywhere however we are now moored in a village called Waverton that is only a few miles away from Bunbuy the kids came yesterday and we all had a fish Pippa and Zac did well with at least 10 each and some perch any angler would have been proud Pippa can now choose her own maggot and through her fish back Zac however is still thinking about it 

The canal is very busy with boat traffic Tomorrow we will be in Chester having hopefully took on some water Noreen should get a day shopping in the beautiful main street with its black and white buildings and I will get a walk round the City Walls though Im told its not as good as it use to be. I know Chester quite well I should say I knew Chester I was stationed here for two years one year with the 1st Liverpool Regt and one year with the Royal Irish Rangers, Two Regts I will never forget ?????????

I am awaiting a reply  from CRT to see if I can make this trip from Ellesmere Port to the River Weaver going up the Manchester Ship its by no means a normal route but it looks interesting ??? If I get permission then by Thurs we should be back on the Weaver.

Today the canal  is very quiet I can only assume that everyone is getting everything ready for some sort of sports event tonight I was working in 1966 I my boss never told me to start late or even have the bloody day off whats the matter with the world are the spectators becoming as soft and mamsipamsy as the players. was not going to have a rant but I will the canal heading into one of our most Historic cities is awful and in a deplorable state the backs are overgrown, to moor in this spot I had to get out my Machete and do some gardening the children were coming and you could't see the edge of the bank which is dangerous fI or the kids not that they would have come to any harm as the canal is that shallow I am keeping my fingers crossed that when it is time to move on I can extradite Buggerlugs out of the mud. The other problem is Lack of facilities no water points and no refuge bins. 5 years ago there were plenty. now it would seem its to expensive what they expect us to do with our rubbish I have no idea If CRT were a Business and not a charity they would have gone under years ago,  I believe that there has been so many complains about the dangerous state of aspects of the waterways  The Government have now given CRT a duty of care order something  I have been campaigning for,  for years  Rant ends 

Stay Safe be good 

Buggerlugs  



04.30 With a Mist Like this you are sure of a good day

Its strange the things that turn up along the canal 
What I am looking for now is a mobile Fishing tackle shop selling Maggots or even
Mobile Dentist, Chiropodist, Library ?????????

BEESTON Castle as seen from the canal One year we walked up there 
and had a short detour on the way back it end up a 5 miler
but great views from the castle 

was not going to have a rant but I will the canal heading into one of our most Historic cities is awful and in a deplorable state the backs are overgrown, to moor in this spot I had to get out my Machete and do some gardening the children were coming and you could't see the edge of the bank which is dangerous fI or the kids not that they would have come to any harm as the canal is that shallow I am keeping my fingers crossed that I can extradite Buggerlugs out of the mud. The other problem is Lack of facilities no water points and no refuge bin. If CRT were a Business and not a charity they would have gone under years ago,  I believe that there has been so many complains about the dangerous state of aspects of the waterways  The Government have now given CRT a duty of care order something  I have been campaigning for,  for years  Rant ends 

Stay Safe be good 

Buggerlugs  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey