Hi folks 

I have just spent 2 hours trying to find the blogg Google in its nonsensical intelligence had decided that my blog should be registered under a different account one I last used in 2002 WHY If it was human I would take it outside and knock ten kinds of s---- out of it however its expensive to buy a new one so I will let it off for now.

Well Chester is still as nice as it always was Noreen and I hit the shops yesterday with a final score of Noreen 3 Alan 1 (shoes that is) I knew I was onto a looser but Noreen did buy lunch in Weatherspoons I was quite pleased as I had a large mixed grill then it hit me we have a joint account derrrrrrrrr.

Yesterday afternoon we took a lovely stroll along the City Wall very nice and very hot even with a good wind blowing . We also took a walk down to the Staircase lock this is a set of three chambers that run into eah other and can be confusing when you are in the lock you have 40ft of water behind you held back by a few planks of wood see pics Noreen got all the info from the lock keeper which is a good job because you have to wait for the coloured markers to change. In the interest of equality I did challenge the lock keeper  what guidance do the give someone who is colour blind  he said he would take it up with management..

Now this morning before leaving the centre of Chester I need bait for fishing onto google and found shops to cater for  all a bait shop next to Aldi how great is that and you could moor your boat outside, not that we did we walked as we were headed in the opposite direction  


In Chester We  had  a nice little mooring overlooking the Mecca Bingo and to bars but it was all quiet, we left that mooring just after lunch today and having negotiated the staircase lock Noreen doing a masterful job even explaining the complexed workings of it to the Gongooslers (people who watch boats ) We are now moored in what was once Chester dock where the Chester canal and the River Dee join quite an interesting place but its only for one night. Tomorrow we are off to Ellesmere Port where I will find out if we have permission to go up the Manchester Ship Canal ??

Be Good Stay Safe 

Buggerlugs 


Chester Cathedral from the Wall

walking the City wall

The famous few of Chester main street

Our way out tomorrow past the repair sheds





Our mooring for tonight 



We are still being very careful they make t
horrible selfies  

Going through the the Town limits by the wall

More of the Town Wall

When stuck in a staircase lock this is all you see these are some gates I wonder what weight they are 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey