Doctor Foster went to Gloucester in a shower of rain

 Sunday 4th of July 

today Phil and Steph were joining us for a trip along the River  as today was our last day on the river it culminated in them getting a lift up the great Anderton boat lift. Having had all the thunder and lightening yesterday we  imagined it would be a better day today, How wrong can one person be though it did dawn quite bright and stayed like that to give me time to roll the cratch canopy up and walk up the hill to get them from the car park then the heavens opened and we were soaked before we even set off BUT in true British fashion we ploughed on and the only difference in summer between raining and fine is on you get and the other you dont its called weather and if you are intent on having some fun then do just that, the type of weather should have nothing to do with it. I remember Noreens mum on cub camp, on a rainy day shouting  "socks off and wellies on shorts and t shirts they are easy to dry and you skin is waterproof so get out there and have some fun. Since then I have always followed her lead.

Anyway the cruise up to  and beyond Vale Royal was lets just say WET it only took 90 mins but the heavens opened first as I negotiated Hunts Lock then it cleared again when I negotiated Vale Royal Lock then it cleared then when I turned the boat and moored it was if someone was turning a tap on and off every time I hade a important task to do after lunch it cleared very nicely and we had good weather for the trip to the boat lift HOWEVER.

Whilst maneuvering Buggerlugs onto the boat lift I noticed a wind starting to rustle the trees then it became really black and with a great flash of light the heavens once again through everything it had at us the main difference this time I was 50ft in the air with Buggerlugs in a cradle filled with water being buffeted by a gales force with and rain so heavy it made visibility difficult. Though once again we managed to keep smiling and yet again as we reached the zenith of the lift the rain subsided and I swear I heard a voice in the black cloud shouting "Got you that time " 

Having Moored up and a brew Steph and Phil said their goodbye's and that was it another enjoyable days boating put to bet exactly now just where Im off

Good night God Bless 

Stay Safe 

Love yo ALL


No Pics today IT WAS TO BLOOD WET  

Comments

  1. I like to see you enjoying yourself on Buggerlugs you should be use to it by now just think of think of the poor bugger who are doing for the first time (titter titter) panic stations packing up to go home catch you soon I will put your blog on my laptop now I have got it to work
    DOG SSELB UOY 😄😄

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ferry across Merssey

crossing Barton Bridge