Chester 12-07-21

This is what we have to put up with. this willow overhangs the canal you can not see through its just pot luck if anything is coming on Canal River Trust should hand their heads in shame 

Our Mooring for tonight not as pretty as some of our mooring but it has its own qualities 

This is the cutting through Rock by the side of the City Wall 

These are the triple staircase locks we tackle these tomorrow ?

The Basin our stop over for tomorrow night not pretty but useful 





 Hi From a very wet CHESTER 

We departed from Waverton this morning it was wet cold and everybody we saw had sad faces, Why! I have no idea maybe they had lost a crucial bet on last nights game as I said dont count your chickens I was disappointed but that's as far as it goes 

Anyway, it was only a short trip into Chester 7 locks all of which had very heavy gates so we are both quite knackered BUT  we have completed our first assignment which was Chester and we are moored about 30ft from where we moored 9 years ago. we will have a couple of nights here in Chester tonight and tomorrow. For tomorrow though we will go down the Triple Staircase lock and into the basin that joins this part of the canal to the River Dee though Im not sure that the lock still works. We are moored about 200yards from the City wall withing easy reach of everything. the only problem is that we are moored about 12inches from the foot path and its like being in a gold fish bowl people love to look in but when I wave they give that look of  "oh I wasn't looking in " and some go very red faced the kids wave back but it really embarrasses the teens and adults they are mostly tourists who have never seen a Narrow boat before, and me I love it I could spend all afternoon doing it. Noreen says its very rude of me to wave I think its very polite of me if you strain your neck to look at me it would be rude not to acknowledge it wouldn't it ?  

We arrived in the rain, went for a walk in the rain and it now still raining, Not proper rain its that fine drizzle that soaks you through. and it looks like its raining all night 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey