Some call it a long weekend

 

 Hi Everyone 

We have had Quite a busy weekend, Sat was spent doing a few boating jobs and  getting ready for the kids coming tomorrow Life jackets out everything that can fall in the river stowed away I take all precautions when Pippa, Zac, and Evie arrive but how else would you have it. I love inquisitive children and what better place to explore than a boat. This boat has hundreds of nooks and Crannies Sat afternoon after baking for the impending children (and the lock keepers) Noreen spent marvelling at two Kingfishers on the opposite bank who must have had fledglings in the nest as they were darting from the reed bed to their nest about 50 yards apart all you would see is a blue flash sometimes yellow depending on its angle of flight it was quite mesmerising. I spent it fishing or as Noreens dad use to call it " Drowning maggots" and that sums up my attempt at fishing this afternoon. Its worth saying though That I did catch 1Large Perch and a large bream however the bream was caught in what I later discovered was a sizeable sunken branch so I forgave myself for not landing it ?

Sunday dawned quite sad with heavy clouds However by the time the gang arrived it was a little brighter and a lot warmer. We had what you would call a great bonding day that is grandparents language for "Knackering" Everything from boating, History lessons, Fishing, Adventure Play ground, secret maze to stone paper scissors  oh I forgot drawing and colouring And of course it would not be complete without adventures in the woods.

Sorry no pics of the kids I was go busy to take any(Maryanne just sent me some)

What a fantastic day really tired but I would be upset if I wasnt we can learn so much from children why do we have to grow up, Though there are many say I havnt yet and that pleases me


Nunu & Pippa

Two Musketeers 

What a hand Full

Mon 27th
It is now Monday morning we had a long lie if it hadn't been for our neighbours chickens we might still be there,, before we leave here tomorrow I may be stocking the freezer up with a bit of Road Island Red

We  have moved the boat nearer to the car park as this afternoon we have been invited to tea and are being collected at 3.00.

Tea at Margery's yesterday was lovely as always, Silvia and Alan came so we had a real good catch up as a bonus I managed to get 20lt of diesel from the garage on the way I had forgotten just how heavy 20lt was (I know now) We only just made it back before the heavens opened , A very enjoyable day


Tue 29

This morning we set off again down river the destination of today's trip was always going to be a bit vague, we are hopefully heading for a lovely mooing we found years ago called the devils garden I have no idea where its name comes from but I will try and find out. We know its down towards Frodsham but could not remember if it was just through Saltersford lock after it before Acton swing bridge or after it OR before Dutton or after it Well we have now gone through Saltersford, and Acton We are now at Dutton lock and moored up for the night and the old lock keeper assures me that it is after the lock so we are staying the night because Im knackered again, and the fishing looks good


Tomorrow is a 10.00am through Dutton lock that will then take us as far as we can go on this trip which is underneath the M56 I will turn around at the canoe club you can see it as you drive NE on the M56



Stay Safe Stay Well 

Look after you and yours 

God Bless


Our journey today the river is not as wide here 
So there are many foot bridges


Looking up river towards Acton swing bridge 

Our home for the night another garden to wake up to

Another foot bridge 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

crossing Barton Bridge

Ferry across Merssey